Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quotes by Elisabeth Elliot



The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.  - Elisabeth Elliot


I realized that the deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able to honestly to pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done.- Elisabeth Elliot


Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of me now. - Elisabeth Elliot


Where does your security lie? Is God your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counselor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide? If He is, you don't need to search any further for security. - Elisabeth Elliot


One reason we are so harried and hurried is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, when all that legitimately concerns us is today. If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy. - Elisabeth Elliot


 But the question to precede all others, which finally determines the course of our lives is, 'What do I really want?' Was it to love what God commands, in the words of the collect, and to desire what He promises? Did I want what I wanted, or did I want what He wanted, no matter what it might cost?  - Elisabeth Elliot


God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don’t have now, we don’t need now. - Elisabeth Elliot


Don’t dig up in doubt what you have planted in faith. - Elisabeth Elliot



When ours are interrupted, his are not. His plans are proceeding exactly as scheduled, moving us always (including those minutes or hours or years which seem most useless or wasted or unendurable).- Elisabeth Elliot


Leave it all in the hands that were wounded for you. - Elisabeth Elliot

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home